Part Time Client Advocate
Works individually and within a team in the areas of client relationship building and advocacy, customer satisfaction and client retention. Under the direction of the Client Services Manager & Operations Coordinator, the Client Advocate will provide direct, assistance to Expectant Heart PRC clients. Provide prompt, courteous service to clients, risk advisers. Takes total ownership of personal accountability and full emotional maturity and anticipates the impact actions have on internal and external clients. Exhibits superior customer service skills.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Ability to provide crisis intervention, develop goals based on client's needs and maintain accurate and comprehensive notes in Expectant Heart's client database.
- Assist clients in identifying their strengths, and motivate to reach their goals.
- Works closely with Client Services Manager & Operations Coordinator to create developmental action plans to improve the customer experience in and out of center.
- Creates a collaborative environment in which advocates and staff, at all levels of the organization, are encouraged to voice ideas and concerns.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with individuals at multiple levels throughout Expectant Heart PRC.
- Complete a minimum of 10 phone counseling/referral hours per week. Minimum of 40 phone counseling/referral hours per month.
- Complete phone counseling/referral hours per week and month.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by funding and state regulations.
- Attend and participate in program and agency meetings and up-trainings.
- Keep accurate statistical data and reporting systems up to date. Monitor effectiveness of services for clients and advocate for or assist in the development of new services as needed.
- Assume other duties as delegated by supervisors.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Communication Proficiency.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Organizational Skills.
- Presentation Skills.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
- Must be comfortable measuring and reporting on each client's progress
- Function with the core values of Integrity, Stewardship, Spirituality, Imagination, Respect,
- Excellence and Compassion.
This position has no direct staff supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment with an option of work-at-home, off site venues and outside event areas in various weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work vary Monday through Friday 18-20 hours per week maximum. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Temporary Employees are required to work a minimum of 3 months prior to applying for full time position through Expectant Heart PRC.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected for trainings & staff meetings.
Desired Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in social sciences, communication or related field. OR
Three years or more of successful work experience in this or a related field.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior experience as volunteer coordinator for public or nonprofit employer.
- Prior experience creating and implementing volunteer programs and training.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.